The Suzi Awards exist to help promote and celebrate the amazing live theatre available in the Atlanta region of Georgia. Professional theatres that meet performer pay and performance minimums are eligible to submit. Please download and read the full Suzi Awards Guidelines for all the particulars.
Here is an overview of the Judging process for Plays, Musicals and World Premieres, in chronological order:
The process for the Theatre for Youth Suzi Awards is slightly different. Read about TYA Suzis.
- Producers attest to eligibility, agree to the comp ticket policy, and submit eligible productions using the Suzi Consideration Form
- Suzi Judging Coordinator schedules five (5) Recommending Judges (RJs) for opening night of the production, and reserves two comp tickets for each with the theatre.
- Prior to opening, the theatre provides a copy of the production program title, credit and bio pages to the Suzi Awards, for use on the Suzi website
- The day after opening, Suzi RJs submit scoring sheets and comments to the Judging Coordinator
- RJ scores determine whether the production is Suzi Recommended. Producer and RJs are notified.
- If the production is Suzi Recommended, the appropriate Panel is notified (musical, play, or both in the case of a world premiere).
- Panel judges contact the theatre to reserve their one complimentary ticket for the production.
- After the show has opened, and before the following August 1, the producer determines award category placement for the nomination ballot by submitting the Role Categorization Form
- After the final show of the season opens, Nominating ballots are sent to those panel judges who saw at least 80% of the Suzi Recommended shows for their panel.
- Nominations are announced the first or second Monday in September, ticket sales for the Suzi Awards Ceremony, raffle ticket sales, special awards Suzi Member voting and the Audience Choice Award campaign begins.
- The final ballot is sent to all panel judges, who may vote in any category in which they have seen ALL of the Nominees.
- Suzi Members also vote the final ballot, and the results from the Member vote are added into the panel judges' vote as the "26th Judge."
- Winners of Suzi Performance Awards and other special awards are announced at the Suzi Awards Ceremony, the first Monday in November.
Download the forms and documents below:
Full Suzi Guidelines 2014-2015 PDF
Everything you need to know about the Suzi Awards process - in PDF format
Suzi Awards 2014 Consideration Form (WORD)
Form for submitting a production for Suzi consideration. In Word format.
Please confirm eligibility for consideration by reading the Full Suzi Award Guidelines for the current season.
Theatre for Young Audiences 2014 Consideration Form
Form to be submitted 30 days prior to the opening of production for young audiences, requesting consideration for the Suzi Performance Award in Theatre for Young Audiences categories.
Role Categorization Form - Performance Awards
GGM Playwriting Award Consideration Form (PDF)
GGM Playwriting Award Consideration Form
Submission form for plays written or adapted by playwrights living in the Atlanta Metro area that have a received a full production within the current season.